Sunday, December 14, 2008

Burners, Knobs and Walls

Things are really progressing with the kitchen! This weekend we got the burners and stove knobs attached. What do you think? (Apologies for the glare - all the shiny surfaces are reflecting!)
Photobucket

We still have to figure out the oven knob. It's got a much shorter post on it, plus there is a metal liner inside the post. The burner knobs were plastic, and we figured out a way to use a screw and washer to make them turn freely. The oven knob is more of a challenge.

I was going to paint the back 'wall', but I realized a couple of things. For one, I didn't have any interior primer...so I would have to buy that. I didn't know how much wear and tear that particle board stuff would take, either...and I realized that I had enough of this plaid contact paper to do the job. So, here is the back wall. I know it looks like it's ick, but once it's in place, it works out the way it's supposed to.
Photobucket

So...this is how it looks by the sink and counter. How cute is that border! (yay, Goodwill!)
Photobucket

And this is the whole thing, so far.
Photobucket

We are not finished just yet! I can't wait to show you what else we're going to do! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMW! TOO cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is an amazing project! KIH is going to love it. My daughter would have loved it when she was Kitten's age. My "baby" is 16. I am making her some gifts, too, but nothing that elaborate. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see a pic of Kitten on Christmas day with her gifts.

Bountiful blessings,
Susan (rose7212 from PH)

stacey said...

i look forward to these post everytime you write in your blog. i can't wait to see what's next! lol1

Larisa said...

Hello from Oregon. I am a friend of a friend who posted your link. That totally rocks! I love saving money and recycling. Way to go Mom!

Laura said...

Y'all are just sweet, you know that?

Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait for Christmas morning - I think I'm at least as excited as I was when I was a little kid!

Larisa, welcome...and just in case the friend of a friend didn't tell ya, I write other stuff at tenthingsfarm.blogspot.com

Come check out cake weirdness, date night, and all kinds of other stuff! Glad to have you here! :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is so inventive, she will just love it........

Gill in Canada