Monday, December 8, 2008

Kitchen Sink and Faucet are in!

We spent a little time on our project last night. It's coming along great! I've been taking a few photos of the process in case someone else wants to try this some time. I know that when I'm doing something new, a photo or two can really help! I hope these are helpful to you.

We are installing the sink and faucet. For the sink we'll need a big hole, for the faucet, two little ones. Here's the faucet (on the right). That tool is a brace and bit. The brace (the part you hold and turn) is relatively new, but the bit (the part that does the drilling) belonged to my Grandpa F. I have a set of his auger bits that were handed down to me...and wanted to use one on the project, just for the warm fuzzies it gives me.
Photobucket

There! Now we have holes for the faucet! The black line circle is the hole we need to cut for the sink. I traced around the top lip of the bowl we're using for the sink, then made this line inside the traced line, so that the bowl will sit right on top of the countertop.
Photobucket

See? It doesn't have to be perfect! This is gonna be great!
Photobucket

The posts on the faucet go into the two holes...
Photobucket

The black discs are rubber washers. I'm using those because they'll add a little bit of 'grip'. The white discs are threaded, and both of these pieces go on underneath the counter. You just hand-tighten the whole thing.
Photobucket

Then you set the sink into the sink hole and....wowee!!
Photobucket

Hubby was sweet enough to pick me up another roll of the silver/stainless adhesive paper. Then, we got to talking about some things. Turns out I won't be using that spare shelf the way I thought. It also turns out I have enough leftover stainless to do what we've got planned. It is SO COOL. Hubby is a genius. I can't wait to show you what we're going to do next!

Thanks for coming and reading this. I think I'd explode if I couldn't share this with someone before Christmas!!

2 comments:

stacey said...

wow at that looks great! i want to see lots of pics of kih when she see this christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

I love this!
I have been following since you posted. ;)

Mermie