Sunday, December 21, 2008

I think we're done!

Well, I think we have it finished! Here are the last few touches we added.

This is one end of the entertainment center. It had a big weird 'tape mark' at the top, where someone had taped something, and the finish came off when they removed the tape. Wallpaper border to the rescue! There was also a big 'chip' in the side where a hunk of wall was missing, so that's where we hung the phone. I'll put a wee table near this, with a pencil and post-it notes. :)
Photobucket

We found a 2-pack of these battery operated closet lights for $5, so we put one above the stove and one over the sink. I know. This is getting really fancy!
Photobucket

Remember how I said I had a spare shelf the same width as the stove? Hubby had THE COOLEST idea. I cut it down a bit, covered it in the stainless steel adhesive stuff, and we added a couple hinges, a handle, and we made a microwave!
Photobucket

I make a 'keypad' on Publisher and we just added it over the top with some clear con-tact paper. The 'window' is blue contact...and it's a darker blue than it appears to be in the pics. Cool, though.
Photobucket

This is it! The little baskets on the lower shelves are for food, pots, dishes, etc. We had them already, so no added cost there. We made this happen for a little under $65. I can't wait for Christmas Morning!!!
Photobucket

More photos when we get it set in place, as well as her reaction on Christmas! Thanks for reading along, and I hope this inspires you to try something home-made! :)

6 comments:

frau424 said...

wow, its awesome, you did a great job, she is gonna LOVE it! can't wait to see the pictures of her face! you rock !!!
hugs
D.

TofuRanch said...

this is great...big high five to you, I bet that she will love it

Larisa said...

You totally rock Mama! I've shared this with my sister in law who wants to make it too. I love it!

Toni said...

That's so awesome! I can't wait to see her reaction!

April said...

you did a WONDERFUL job! I can't wait to see her reaction!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome! I know kitten will love it, and you can be proud knowing you have made her a safe and wonderful present that she'll cherish for years to come! Merry Christmas!